Thursday, January 19, 2012

"I ADORE U" - Scrapbook LO

I participated in my first ever "Recipe Challenge" from Club CK. The "ingredients" are: paint, a page from a book, hidden journaling, three photos, and patterned paper.


Chipboard Letters: The chipboard letters are painted on with acrylic paint and then sprinkled with glitter while the paint was wet to help it stick.

Chipboard letters: ADORE raised with foam tape

Book paper flowers: First, the pages are torn from an old book and punched from there. I used the scallop circle punch from Stampin' Up!, then folded it up to create the layered petals. There are 5-6 folded up on each flower, as well as another flower punch from Stampin' Up! layered on top of those. Each punch is sponged around the edge with two different blue inks. To put the brad through the middle, I used my crop-a-dile, then a yellow brad with a glue dot on top of the brad. This helped the glitter stick to the middle, then a glue pen on the flowers for the rest of the glitter. Finally, I pulled the flower up towards the center to give it some depth.

Hidden Journaling: The polka dot rectangle is trimmed to fit the hidden journaling tag and raised with foam tape making an easy fit for the journaling tag to slide in and out. The scalloped portion is a Bigz Scallop Envelop die for the Sizzix Big Shot, trimmed down so just the scalloped side shows over the rectangle.

Hey, mistakes happen. My intention here was to paper pierce the corners. Note to self: do not try properly lining up with your paper piercing tool while your 4 year old is chattering your ear off trying to show you something. What's the outcome? A very crooked line! Woops! I disguised the crookedness with some ric rac ribbon... and I ended up liking it even more. I suppose sometimes mistakes happen for a good reason! Also, notice the rub ons with the photo? Love!

Paper piercing: done right. ;)

Journaling tag, not so hidden anymore.

Hidden Journaling Tag: One of my favorite things about this tag is it matches the paper set I used on this page. Not only do you get a little surprise journaling, you get it matching on a cute tag too!
Journaling says: The day before your first birthday. It's hard to believe just a year ago we were waiting around for you. You are such a cute, wonderful little baby. I love you so much! June 17, 2008.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the way it came out! I had fun participating. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments! Thanks for looking!!

No comments: