Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Boy Oh Boy"




I kick started my "Friday" making a double page layout. You know how retail works, my Friday's are never on Friday's... mine are usually on Tuesday.

About the layout, I've had these photos of Elijah for ages. They were taken when he was 8 months old. I love these photos of him! I'm not sure what it is about it; I didn't even have much journaling to say because "Boy Oh Boy" just summed it all up, as well as the vellum quotes -- they said it all! I remember seeing him in the dirt and thinking what a boy!

I needed to create something that stood out as BOY to me. Something wild and crazy like little boys are. This is when I came up with the idea to use some paper tearing. I used my tear edge zig zag from Fiskars to help me create a slightly cleaned up version of paper tearing. To add some depth on some of the tears, I also wrinkled the paper. Some of them are in place with foam adhesive to give an added pop. I picked some colors that complimented what he is wearing and the brown and green in the background of the photos. The chipboard was almost left with it's natural color, but then I decided to distress it a little with some inks. I sponged the edge of all the letters with orange and brown (Dusty Durango and Chocolate Chip from SU!), then smudged a little in the center of the litters with brown and Old Olive green. Can I also mention how much I love the Crop-a-dile II Big Bite?! I used that for the eyelets to hold the vellum quotes. Seriously, thank you We R Memory Keepers for creating this awesome tool. The kids were asleep and I didn't want to wake them with the pounding of my little eyelet setter and hammer. Never worry, crop-a-dile big bite is here!

Anywho, I'm pleased with the way it came out. I was hesitant that it would turn into a haphazard mess of tears and strips of paper, but I really like it. I think the chaos of the page really portrays the "unmanageable" aspect of a little boy.

Supplies:
Cardstock, ink, and twine: Stampin' Up!
Pattern Paper: K & Company
Chpiboard Letters, brad & frame for date: Rebekka Erickson
Vellum quotes: Colorbok
Paper Tear Edger: Fiskars "zig zag"
Foam Adhesive: Scotch 3M
Eyelets: JoAnns

No comments: