Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chapter one - "The Boy Who Lived"


I've pictured this night for a long time -- the day I start reading the Harry Potter series to my children. I kept thinking I'd wait till they are older, but honestly, I was growing impatient and wanted to share that with them (especially Elijah). They are really getting into fairy tales and listening to fairy tales, so tonight I read them the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone -- "The Boy Who Lived."



I'm not going to lie, I was a bit emotional starting to read it to them. I've been waiting for this day for a very long time. I really was not sure if they would get into it or not, but they seemed to enjoy it. After I finished the first chapter, Elijah asked me to keep reading more. I asked if he liked the story, and he said yes. Melt my heart! I figure a chapter a night... and we'll be done in... oh say a few years. ;) I particularly enjoyed the snuggle time!

Project 365 / Project Life - Jan 12


No comments: