Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My nose in a good book


My friends, in particular Brandie (you should go check out her blog at Handie Brandie!) finally has me reading this series called The Hunger Games. Everybody has been telling me about it and I kept forgetting... I finally downloaded it to my nook, and holy cow, this book is GOOD! I highly recommend it!!

I'm only a few chapters in, and already completely absorbed. I love when a book starts, and you are sucked in right away. Harry Potter did that to me... I got into the first page and was hooked (for life, man).

Anyone read this series yet? What do you think? Or have any other good recommendations?

This just makes me thing, I really should find a book club sometime! Come December (when I'm finished with my DEGREE!!) I'm going to hunt one down. Or start one. Whatever floats my boat!

Wednesday Blog Hop!

Photobucket
Blogging Hints Catch a Wave Wednesday

7 comments:

Fort Living Room said...

I'll be checking out this book. I love reading and am always looking for a new book or series to suck me in. New follower, found you through the Give a Hoot Blog Hop.

Cassie said...

Its a super good series.. I am currently reading the last one :) Not as great as HP of course, (nothing is!)But I think you will enjoy :)~

Jill said...

I'm stopping by via Give a Hoot Wednesday Blog Hop and am your newest Follower :)

~ Jill
http://www.frugalplus.com/

Jenny said...

I've been looking for a new series to read! I'll have to check this out! I love a good book!

Found you on the blog hop! I'm your newest follower! http://www.mymoneytips4u.com/

Brandie said...

Told ya you would like it :)

esahm said...

I read this series over Christmas. I really enjoyed the first book. I thought it was well written, character driven, and entertaining. I was less enthralled with the second two. I didn't like the direction she went in or the progression of Katniss's character. But, as a youth and children's librarian, I think they are definitely worth reading and ground breaking literature for young adults.

Returning your visit from the Tuesday hop!

Barb said...

I will be starting mockingjay tonight! I love this series!!!!