Monday, August 15, 2011

Magical boiling water! - a money saving tip

I shall now share a magical, money saving tip...

Have you heard about the powers of boiling water? I'll be honest, I've heard about this trick for well over a year now, and have never tried it. Tonight, I unleashed my magical homemaking skills and boiled water.

I then held the tops of those Lysol No Touch Hand Soap System soap dispensers. They are the ones that are basically impossible to screw the lid off. Rigged! Rigged I tell you! The same goes for those Swiffer Wet Jet Refills.

Anyway, you hold the top in boiling water, take it out, unscrew the cap and voila! It comes right off!


Now I can enjoy the excitement of my Lysol No Hand Touch Soap System without having to spend $4 on the refill. (I'm sorry, I can find Up & Up Generic Soap in a massive refill bottle for under $4... let alone ONE dinky size Lysol Refill for $4!)

Needless to say, I'm very thrilled off of this!

11 comments:

ReviewsSheRote said...

Following you from MondayMingleblog hop
oh the power of H2O!! =)

Erika said...

What a great tip - thank you! I just got one of these Lysol dispensers and I love it, but was not planning on buying the expensive refills - now I don't have to thanks to you! woohoo!
I'm a new fan from the blog hop - I hope you'll stop by my blog when you get a chance too! Have a great day!
Musings From a SAHM

Karima said...

Hi what a good tip to share! I use normal soap dispensers with screw top lids. I buy the cheap refill and fill the empty container just over half full and then add water to dilute it, then shake it. Much cheaper! I have to do this, because my kids just press away with out thinking so I use less soap now, plus they love it a bit frothy! Saw you on blog hop, now google following you, please pop by, Karima x

Heather Jones said...

Clever. I would do the same thing if it meant I could save money!

Anyway, new follower here. Have a great Monday and visit my blog sometime. :)

Heather From and Mommy Only Has 2 Hands!

Unknown said...

Hi!! I'm stopping by and following from Mingle Monday Blog Hop. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back.

Hope you have a great week.

Kristy said...

Hi! I'm new here. Great post. I'll have to try this. I've followed. Please follow back. Thanks. http://www.kristy-s-place.blogspot.com/

Minta's Creations said...

Following you from Monday Monkey blog hop.
I would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta
http://www.mintascreations.blogspot.com/

TJ @ MeasuringFlower.com said...

Lol, excellent! We do that with our Swiffer Wet Jet bottles, too, as your mention. :-) Hey, new follower from MondayMingle. Thanks for linking up! I hope you have a great day! www.MeasuringFlower.com

JC said...

Hello, I found you blog on the Meet Me Monday Blog Hop & I'm a new GFC follower :)
http://www.savingwithsaveone.blogspot.com

lorialcorn2006 said...

following through the Monday hop you have a fascinating blog great Job
http://lorialcorn2006.blogspot.com/

Candice said...

I've never heard of this...will have to try this trick. New GFC follower...would love for you to follow back :)

http://wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.blogspot.com