Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a night.

Elijah wakes up at 9-ish, he does not fall back to sleep until a little after 10.  Can I leave the room, though?  Of course not.  He panics every time I leave.  I don't know what's up with that.  I was so tired, all I wanted to do was go lay in my bed and watch TV!

Once he finally falls asleep, I make one more post or two on WTE, get myself ready for bed, then AJ starts to stir in his swing.  No big deal, I think, I was going to be placing him in his pack & play bassinet anyways.  I'll just give him a bottle and back to sleep for all of us.  Does that happen?  No.  He stays awake until 2:30AM!  Seriously, I think the boy has his days and nights mixed up.  Either that or maybe he does have reflux.  Many times when he takes a bottle, if he doesn't spit up or completely vomit, he makes a very "gurgly" burp, then cries and cries and cries some more.  He stretches himself out and arches his head back like he's so bothered by it!  Elijah never did that, sometimes he would get gassy... and he would do the opposite!  He would curl his legs up to his tummy -- classic gassy baby symptom (and Mylicon worked wonders for him!)  With AJ now... no clue what the deal is!

I finally get him down at 2:30, and I am BEAT.  He wakes for a bottle again around 5, takes his sweet time drinking it, then goes back to sleep.  About 10 minutes after I get AJ down, Elijah suddenly wakes up crying and crying, then comes out of his room looking for me and Patrick.  GEEZ!  I take Elijah back to his room and he has no problem laying back down in his bed... providing I stay next to him.  Oh boy.  I stay in there with him for about 15-20 minutes.  Finally, I think to myself "forget this, you are coming in the bed with us!"  I don't want it to be a habit for him, but at this point, I am SO tired I will cross that path when I get there... anything to help me get some extra sleep right now.

Naturally, Elijah fell asleep early last night... and what does that mean?  Yep, he was up at 7:30 this morning with NO going back to sleep.  Ugh.

Of course Patrick can sleep through all of this... lucky.  I'm so jealous.  I was never this tired with Elijah... probably because it was JUST Elijah and I could sleep with him a little later and not have to get up at 8AM.  Plus, Elijah was a half way decent sleeper... he'd wake for a bottle then straight back to sleep.

I miss sleep.  

3 comments:

Momma E said...

Ugh! Poor Momma. It will get better. I have no clue how you do it cuz I know I would be a huge grump! :) Luckily it WILL get better each day.

Brandie said...

Im sorry Marlana :( I wish i could do something to help you! Hopefully tonight will be a better night for you!!

Sarah said...

jeez! rough night! I'm totally feeling your pain and will be in the same boat soon! you should ask dh to watch the babies and tell him your having tummy issues,,then go take a nap in the bathtub! hah!