Friday, January 4, 2013

Gratitude

After watching The Secret, one big message I took out of it was the importance of gratitude.  It is so easy every day to forget to be thankful and grateful for something. When attempting to think more positive thoughts, one suggestion was to think of all you are grateful for to help bring positive attractions into your life.  I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly would like to say I find ways to be grateful for something every day... but how much do those feelings really stick?  Is it just a passing thought, "I'm grateful for this," and then it quickly fades out as fast as it came in?  Those who pray or meditate, is it just a quick prayer or brief meditation, or do you really sit down and think of different things you are grateful for today?  These are things I have been questioning my own self.  Being the instinctual writer I am, I have decided to make an effort to write (and blog) things I'm grateful for. I even saw in the App Store somebody makes a "gratitude diary" --now there really is no excuse for me not to say what I'm thankful for, right?!  I also truly feel if I take the time to consider what I am grateful for, this will help me find deeper meaning to my One Little Word: Bliss.

Here are some of the thoughts of gratitude I've had thus far this week (in no particular order).
I'm grateful...
  • to be around to see another new year.
  • for having friends like the Boldgers to celebrate in the new year, 2013.
  • for a decent job, especially during these times.
  • for more friends like the Harris', and spending a great evening with our families together.
  • to catch precious, playful moments with "good guys" and "bad guys" in our living room.













Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: