Thursday, April 7, 2011

"One of these days Alice..."

Yes, one of THOSE days. Except, it's more like, "One of these days Elijah... straight to the moon!"

Most of the day consisted of this...

Exhibit A

Terrible Twos. Terrible Threes. Whatever. I'm over it. I'm ready for the tantrums and whining to be OVER! I think threes are worse than twos. They talk back now... and I stand there a bit dumbfounded thinking, "Did this 3.5 year old kid just talk back to me?" WHAT?!

All the two and three year old whining, fits, tantrums, sibling hitting, and yelling just leads to a Mommy Tantrum as well. Then somewhere you regather your thoughts, try to get your act back together, and move on... mumbling and grumbling the rest of the day.

I thought of a line from Mrs. Doubtfire...

"Ever wish you could freeze frame a moment in your day, and look at it and say 'this is not my life'?"

(only, it is kinda funny when Robin Williams says it)

I feel like that today. Many days. You look around and think... is this really how I pictured my life was going to be? Life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I don't want to make lemonade. You can take your stupid lemons back.

However, I did get a couple laughs in the evening.






Of course, the day ended back at Exhibit A.

I'll just watch the videos and remember, yes, they are sweet... sometimes. ;)

No comments: