Monday, November 24, 2008

ear infection. yipee.

Mommy's hunch was right!! For the past few days (actually about a week), I was suspicious Elijah was getting an ear infection. He had no fever, so I thought we'd just let it ride it out. Late last week he came down with a cold, and over the weekend had a fever lingering around 100, but nothing big. I was just giving him motrin and tylenol. Must've kept the fever at bay. Last night he started putting his ear to his shoulder so I basically KNEW he had an ear infection! This morning he wasn't interested in doing anything, he just sat in my lap or on the couch all morning. soooo unlike him!!! I made a sick child appointment this afternoon and yep, poor guy has an ear infection! This is #3 out of his whole baby/childhood... so I think that's pretty good!! Not too many really! I was notorious for them growing up. Well, hopefully he'll bounce back quickly. Of course they had to put him on weird crazy other antibiotic. We found out last night he's allergic to amoxicillin, so they are avoiding any penicillin type medicines. The pharmacist asked me when I got there, "What is this treating?!" I told her an ear infection and she looked so surprised like the dr was crazy, and asked if they tried anything else, when It old her he was allergic to amoxicillin she was like "ahhhh" makes sense after that. lol... One of these meds is a 10 day one, and the other is to take for 30 days! Crazy! Either that or his ear infection is that bad. I dunno. Whatever! Anyways, I made an essay outta nothing... lol I hope my lil' guy gets back to normal soon!! of course I'm sure he doesn't mind... he gets a little extra spoiled-ness when he's sick. Tonight after his bath instead of going straight to bed he got to sit with me on the couch and watch an episode of Backyardigans, then play with his toy bus for a bit. Spoiled. ;)

1 comment:

Momma E said...

Awww poor guy! Hope he feels better soon. Momma's always know what's wrong! :)