Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tantrums, oh my.

Don't you wish you could get inside their little heads?

I'm so tired of tantrums. I could have one myself. Or maybe I did. You'll never know. :P

You'd think a 3.5 year old would have outgrown the tantrum stage by now. Nope. Not Elijah. Two days in a row of terrible threes. Where is his off button?

Commencing tantrum now...

"MOM! AJ ate my bagel! GIVE ME more."

"Elijah, that is now how you ask. Say, 'I'd like more please.'"

"GIMME more bagel."

"Elijah, ask the right way."

(whine center kicks in) "Iiii waaaant moooore baaaagel pleeeeeeeease"

Giving the mom look now... he knows there is a "no whining" rule around here. And yet, he does it anyway.

Tantrum starts in 5... 4... 3.... 2... 1...

And it lasts for an HOUR. AN HOUR!!!

We finally resolved that melt down.

I'm so tired of tantrums from both kids. It just leaves me feeling like "What am I doing wrong?"

You have these grand ideas of how wonderful your children are going to be when you are pregnant, or when they are little babies. Then life happens. Reality sets in... and you realize... I have no idea what the hell I am doing here.

I'd like an instruction manual please.

(What? There isn't one? Who had this brilliant idea of having toddlers anyway?)

I wonder if Jesus had temper tantrums when he was 2 and 3.... :P

No comments: